Below are some security tips to help keep you safe when you bank.
Find out more about mobile banking.
1. Be careful about what applications you install on your mobile device. Always ensure you download our mobile app from either suncorp.com.au website or official App Stores for Apple and Android.
2. We recommend that you setup a PIN or passcode on your device, and that it is different to your Suncorp Bank passcode.
3. Make sure only your fingerprints are registered to the device. Fingerprint Login will detect any fingerprint stored in the device, so it’s important just your fingerprints are registered. Find out more about Fingerprint Login.
4. Don’t store and save personal information such as account numbers, customer IDs, Passwords etc. on your mobile device.
Lost or stolen device? If you lose your mobile device, we recommend you change your Internet Banking password immediately and call us on 13 11 55.
Find out more about Internet Banking.
1. Always access Internet Banking via suncorp.com.au. Do not save Internet Banking as a favourite and never access Internet Banking via an email.
2. Always check to see the address for internet banking starts with https:// and has a padlock on the browser.
3. Avoid using shared computers such as internet cafes and always logout properly when using a shared computer.
4. Our URL (or web address) is internetbanking.suncorpbank.com.au. If anything different appears, close the window and contact us immediately on 13 11 55.
5. If you’ve opened an eStatement while using Internet Banking on a shared computer, ensure your statement is not saved to the shared computer once you are finished.
6. Check your transaction history and last login details regularly, if you notice any unusual activity or transactions, call us on 13 11 55.
7. Never leave Internet Banking logged in when you are away from your home or office PC. Always log off once you are finished and ensure you close the window.
8. Consider downloading the Suncorp Secured App, an extra safety measure to approve certain bank transactions by generating a unique Security Token Code on your mobile phone.
Shield your digital life with McAfee, 3 months free for 3 devices.
To ensure your devices have comprehensive security, Suncorp has partnered with McAfee to offer you a 3 month free trial of their McAfee Multi Access offering.
Find out more about telephone banking.
1. Never disclose your Telephone Access Code (TAC) to anyone.
2. We will never ask for your TAC or ask you to email your TAC. Our contact centre consultants do not know your TAC as we do not store it on any system.
3. If another person requires access to your accounts, consider allowing ‘information only access’ that allows the third party to only hear balances but not transact. This is also available for Internet Banking. Contact us on 13 11 55 for more information.
Download a Guide to help you safeguard your Suncorp Bank card PIN and Access Codes (PDF 92KB)
Cards and ATMs
1. Sign any new cards as soon as you receive them and carry your card with you, in a safe place.
2. Destroy your card when it expires and if your card is lost, stolen or misused then contact us immediately on 13 11 55.
3. Be aware when withdrawing money from automatic teller machines (ATMs). If anything seems out of place with the machine, DON’T complete a transaction. For more information on ATM security, go to our ATM security and skimming page.
4. Memorise your PIN and choose PINs that are hard to guess (don’t use date of birth or address details)